There are many different types of wrongful conduct that are illegal because they violate consumer protection laws or violate generally applicable laws that prohibit fraud and deception. Some specific examples are as include:
- Banks, financial institutions, and lenders who engage in deceptive practices or make false statements to customers, violate state or federal law, or fail to honor their agreements with customers
- Robocalls, unsolicited spam faxes by companies in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Billing Fraud. This may consist of fees that were not disclosed, inappropriate charges, double billing, auto renewal of subscriptions without the subscriber agreeing to automatic renewal, or charging for services that were never performed.
- Abusive Debt Collection Practice. This includes violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), which prohibits debit collectors from using abusive, unfair and deceptive practices.
- False advertising. Many forms of false advertising may constitute deceptive trade practices or be prohibited by Georgia’s Fair Business Practices Act.
- Insurance Companies that, as a matter of company policy, do not provide the coverage required by the terms of the insurance contract or the coverage required by law.
If you believe that you have been the victim of abusive or deceptive business practices, please contact The Parrish Law Firm, LLC at 404-891-0141 for a free consultation. There is no fee unless and until there is a recovery.
The Parrish Law Firm handles a variety of civil cases in state and federal courts. The following is a listing of the cases handled by The Parrish Law Firm.